How to Clean Wool Area Rugs
Area rugs that are made of wool are one of the people’s favorite choices. More and more consumers are in fact using such product and it’s worth noting that as the use of wool area rugs increases, the demand for cleaning these rugs also rises. This is highly notable not only in homes, but in offices as well.
To clean wool area rugs is to some degree an act of “profit”. It can even be tremendously profitable especially if the delivery and pick up of the wool rug is included in the cleaning service as in this kind of situation. Customers usually pay extra for the convenience that the cleaning company has offered. But, there is a best alternative to that which is much profitable in some sense, that is, to clean wool area rugs by your self.
It is easy to wash and clean wool area rugs especially if you have all the materials needed to make them clean. Among the most important materials you’ll need to clean wool area rugs are the following:
* Vacuum cleaner
* Stain remover
* A garden hose
* Mild cleaner
* Clean sponge or sponge mop
* Mild detergent
Once you have all of these materials, you can start your cleaning. Wondering how to start? Well, here’s how:
1. Take your vacuum cleaner and vacuum the wool area rug thoroughly. You can clean wool area rugs with a vacuum cleaner on both sides.
2. Stains are often found in wool rugs, so look for clean stains and remove them with a stain remover. However, be sure to use a stain remover that is designed specifically appropriate for wool rugs. And, be sure to test the stain remover first on a less visible area on the rug for color fastness.
3. Take the area rug outside of your house and look for a paved area where you can place it.
4. Hold the garden hose and treat the rug with water, wetting the rug up and down.
5. Take out your mild cleaner and apply it on the rug. Many experts use two capfuls of this cleaner to a bucket of cold water and they whip up suds in the bucket with the use of beater.
6. Take out your sponger or sponge mop and apply the suds to clean wool area rugs. Clean the rugs by simply wiping it with your sponger as you go.
7. To better clean wool area rugs, rinse then thoroughly after the application of the suds.
8. Roll up the rug in dry towels to squeeze the remaining water. Consider this as rolling up a wet rug can be heavy to bear.
9. If done, lay the rug flat to dry. However, to maintain the color and quality of wool area rug, avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as that can trigger the texture of your rug to shrink and the color to fade.
So that’s said. To clean wool area rugs, you simply need time and enough effort.